Thursday 21 May 2009

For my Grandad...

My beloved Grandad passed away on 8th May 2009. It was a shocking news as it all happened so quickly. I believe he had a good 89 years of life and my love will always stay with him. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend his funeral in Taiwan. However, I made this card especially for him and luckily it arrived in time before his cremation. This card will be cremated with Grandad and I hope he has received it.

My Grandad loves orchids. He has a huge garden where he plants hundreds and hundreds of orchids. He also creates new breeds of orchids and won many awards. With sadness, I struggled to make the card as my mind has gone blank and no suitable craft material in hand. In the end, I made this simple card and hand drawn a picture of my Grandad's favourite flower- Orchid. Truly hope Grandad will like it.



卡片內容:

"Goodbye is the saddest word" -
"再見"是個最傷感的字,
那永恆的"不見"豈不令人更心碎!

希望這張我自製、自畫的蘭花卡片您會喜歡。
請您安穩的休息吧,不用擔憂!
原諒我們還在英國,但我們滿滿的想念和愛會一直伴隨您。
從遠方將我們思念的心情寄給您,
願您再上天看顧大家、祈福大家平安健康。

愛您的
外孫女 君玲
外孫女婿 Mick
曾外孫女 雅敏、婕敏 敬上

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^