Sunday 30 October 2011

Clean and Simple Card

Hello my friends!

Doesn't it get dark a lot quicker, now we are officially not in the British summer time!! Daylight time has shortened and that is just so depressing. tongue smileys

Yesterday we went to my sister-in-law's place to celebrate her coming birthday on Monday. I spent the morning making the card and then rushed out to town to get her a present and rushed back to wrap the present. (Yes, not very organised. Everything is last minute!) After all this effort.......... what do we do? Everyone in my family jumped into the car trying to get to the party on time and no one picked up the card and present that were sitting at the bottom of the stairs and assumed one of the others had picked it up. The thing is, none of us realised it until we were nearly there. Oh dear~ That was embarrassing! Walking in without card and present in hand. My husband had to make another trip this morning to do a special delivery.

Anyway, glad the card and present have now landed in the right place. So here it is, a glance at the card.

I am joining The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC 105 and using the below colours as inspiration-

Kraft/Taupe...Flesh...Cadet Blue

I am also entering The Sugar Bowl Challenge 70 - Maria Therese's Sketch and using the optional theme Clean and Simple.

I am pretty happy with the card. I love the colour combination! Will definitely try this combo again. This is my first attempt to make a clean and simple style card. For me, it is not that easy to leave a huge white space untouched. I hope I am not doing too bad as a first timer.
Here is another photo for a closer look.

The stamped image is coloured with Copic markers. I used a piece of Retro Flowers Oilcloth pattern paper, which was cut out from the Cath Kidston catalogue, to paper piece the dress. The sentiment is from Clearly Hand Stamped set by Crafter's Companion. Then I hand stitched the border. (I do have a sewing machine but never use it to stitch cards. I guess I am just too lazy to take the machine out! footballer pictures) Crystal Stickles glitter glue has been applied on the flower on her head and the fabric flowers.


That's it for now. Weekend just goes too quick but hope you all had a nice one! Enjoy the rest of your evening.  


5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, that is a lovely card. Wonderful colour combo and I have quite a few of the Gorjuss Girls - love 'em! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Julie! Your image is colored wonderfully and I love that floral adorned flourish! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! That little gal with the birdie on her leg--SOOOOOO precious:) BEAUTIFUL coloring! Hope your sister had a great bday:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet card, Julie! love her paper pieced dress. darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, just wanted to pop by and say thank you for all the continued lovely comments on my blog - I do appreciate them all. Hope you are well and happy outside of blogland! Best wishes, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^