Sunday 23 October 2011

My first Mojo Monday card!

Good evening all,

Hope you all had a good day today. I've had a very productive day. Apart from making a card, I've also made some oatmeal and raisins biscuits and a lemon and poppy seeds cake. One of my mum's friends gave me this oatmeal biscuits recipe ages ago and I never had the chance to make them. My mum kept saying how lovely they were. And hey, no kidding, they are the nicest biscuits I have ever tasted for a long long time. As for the lemon and poppy seeds cake, I just fancied it and found this recipe from the internet. God knows what it will taste like! It has a layer of lemon syrup on top. Apparently you have to leave it for 12 hours before slicing and eating it. I will let you know tomorrow.

Okay, better stop waffling. I am sure this is what you come here for - a glance at my card.  Well, I hope so! smiley emoticons So here it is, a Christmas card (not the first Christmas card I made this year but certainly  the first Christmas card I share on the blog this year).

I am not sure if this card is too crowded. (Maybe I should use a larger card blank?) The green background paper is from Papermania: Naughty and Nice Christmas pack and the cream paper is from Forever Friends: Cosy Christmas pack. The round sentiment image is from Paula Pascual: Filled with Flowers stamp set which I bought recently. This is a great stamp set. I have been playing with it and I will have to show you some of the cards which I made with this set next time.

I sure love the main stamped image. Isn't he cute?! The stamp is free from the Quick Cards made easy magazine. It is coloured by Copic Ciao marker pens and die cut by using Spellbinder labels nineteen. I paper pieced the doggy's jacket and applied crystal Stickles glitter glue on the hat. Here is a better look of the image.

I think I am just in time to enter this card to Mojo Monday 211. This will be my first time to play along with the Mojo challenge. Here is this week's sketch:

School day tomorrow, better go off to sleep now. Good night and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^