Wednesday 14 March 2012

The craft bug is spreading...

Two posts in one night??!! That can't be right! Hee hee! free smileys (Don't forget to scroll down to see my first post!)

Yes, I think I have passed the craft bug on to my daughters, particular my eldest daughter Aimee!! Whenever I am making cards, they will always say: "Can I make a card too?" Then they will specifically ask for a particular shaped based card and off they go. Rummaging through all my stamps, paper, stickers, ribbons, they happily create cards for their friends. The funny thing is that they love using my Copic marker pens for colouring. I am sure they have discovered the "goodness" of Copic maker pens. They will say to me: "Mummy, your pens are a lot better than our felt tip pens!!"

I recently came across some challenge blogs for kids and showed them to Aimee. Straight away Aimee said: "I want to join too!! Like Mummy!" I thought that wasn't a bad idea. Something for her to do (instead of watching TV all the time) and something to challenge her creativity!! So here it is, Aimee's first card for the card challenges.

I was very impressed with this card. Apart from a little help with using the decorative scissors to cut out the text and some verbal guidance, she made this card all by herself. She has definitely caught the craft bug!!

She is entering this card to:
Unfortunately she is already asleep now. I might ask her to talk about her own cards tomorrow and will add those comments in. I am sure she will love to hear from you and give her suggestions about her card.

That's it for today. Two posts in one night! I'm sure that will not happen that often!! ^_^



9 comments:

  1. Awww so sweet! You obviously have a very talented daughter there, Julie!

    I know what you mean about them wanting to use our pens, Emily always wants to use my Promarkers - but I'm mean and don't let her. She gets to use my Whisper markers - known as mummy's second best pens!!!


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Aimee I love it! The image is awesome and I love your flower! I like to use my mom's Copics better than our pencils too:)
    Thanks for playing!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Aime's got Mom's talent!! I love her darling card! Her attention to details are amazing! Good luck, Aime, on your challenges! And have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colours and the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Little Hands Challenge Blog. Hope you will join us again and again!!!!
    : ) Kellie, Miss E and P.K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a mini crafter indeed, I love how Aimee has coloured the image the card is fabulous and I hope Aimee will be a regular over at Jellypark Juniors as I'd love to see more of her makes. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a creative little girl you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute! such an adorable card, Aime!! i love it! good luck with the challenges! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie, hope you are keeping well. You asked where I got the pin from for the decorative pin I made for my Divas card.

    It's a head pin (not sharp like stick pins) I got it, and some of the beads used to decorate it, from http://www.sparklesgroup.co.uk/

    The web-site doesn't look that professional but the goodies arrived super quick and no problems.

    Hope this helps.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie, just seen your comments on my blog - thanks for taking the time to keep commenting. Hope you are well and happy.

    Best wishes,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^