Sunday 25 August 2013

Never made it so fast!

Hi Blog Friends!

I kept seeing this 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge at Pretty Pink Posh blog but I just wouldn't dare to take up this challenge. The challenge is to make a card in under 10 minutes. After all, I am not a quick card maker. However, I think I have been looking at it long enough now. It is about time I really give it a go on this. So I am joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge #24 this week by using the colour palette of Rose, Light Orange and Cornflower Blue.

Here is the card I came up with:
 
And here is the side shot of the card:

I have pulled out all my supplies, tools and planned my card in advance by using the sketch from Just Add Ink #179:

Here I go! Pressed the start button on the timer. Gosh! I've never been so nervous in making cards. My hands were trembling as I stamped. I have to say that I chose the wrong stamp image to work on this challenge. It is too intricate. Before starting anything, I decided to work on the dress making mannequin image first. After stamping twice (once in peach colour and once in black) and then fuzzy cutting out the image, it had already took me 5 minutes and 10 seconds just to do that!! I panicked!! Luckily after I'd completed the main stamped image, everything else was not too difficult. I finished the whole card in 9 minuets and 47 seconds! Phew! I made it! ^_^ Even managed to add the little gem stone on the mannequin.

Here is a close up shot of the main stamped image:
 


This really is a huge challenge! Without pre-planning, I don't think I would be able to make it in time. Will I do it again? Yes, certainly will. I might just get hooked on this! : P

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend~
 

7 comments:

  1. Yayy I love that you decided to participate in the challenge and made this lovely card in sucha a good time. I hope you will consider participating in future challenges.

    Thanks for taking the time and join us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your sewing details. Lovely card and great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I love how you've used the Just Add Ink sketch for your card; the mannequin is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is lovely - and I love love the 10 minute idea....I totally agree that would be a challenge - Love it!! Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for getting this sweet girly card done in under 10 mins Julie! You've made the sketch look elegant! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^