Sunday 20 October 2013

1st Christmas Card for 2013

Hello Blog Friends,

I am here to share my first Christmas card for this year. I am never organised when it comes to Christmas cards. I am always rushing. The person who is still making cards at the last minute will be me! Maybe it will be different this year? ^_^

So here is the card I made this weekend. Starting simple for my 1st Christmas card.
 
The colour pallet at 10 minute craft dash challenge #28 inspired me to make this card. These colours just reminded me of Christmas.
Colors: Lipstick Red, Turquoise, Olive Green
 
I've punched out a circle shape from white card and embossed it by using Cuttlebug- Snowflakes embossing folder. I recently bought a big bag of red and green buttons and did think it might come in handy when making Christmas cards. Buttons were stuck around the circle and a turquoise bow attached at the bottom to make a cute wreath. Finally, I curved and stamped my clear sentiment stamp to echo the round shape and applied Stickles glitter glue on the snowflakes. All this took me 8 minuets 50 seconds!  I am well impressed!! ^^ 
 
Here is a close up look of the wreath.
 
I am also entering this card to:
When it comes to Clean and Simple (CAS) cards, I am never quite sure about them. I guess I really have to learn to like and get used to the white spaces!!

Hope you all had a very nice weekend!
 



4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, love all your buttons on the card and the embossed circle in the middle. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so super sweet!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT idea and design, Julie! I love your use of embossed background and buttons! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you are keeping well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute button wreath! Thanks for playing along with us in the Holiday/Christmas Challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^