Thursday 7 November 2013

2nd Christmas Card for This Year

Hello Thursday!

We are just over half way before it's weekend again. Hooray! I just can't wait! ^_^

I managed to make another Christmas card last night as I love the simple sketch on Seize the Sketch #7 blog.

This will be my first time to join in and I had so much fun making the card.  So here is my card. I've flipped the sketch 180 degrees.

This simple sketch is so effective and I love it! I want the eyes to focus on the stripe at the bottom, hence, I chose to use a white background but embossed it by using the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. Not sure where these snowman and sentiment stamps come from? I got it in my local craft store in a bag full of crafty stuff for just one pound!! If anyone knows which company they are from and what they are called, please do let me know. I used Copic marker pens to colour the snowman and then decided to add extra snowflake sequins, Stickles on some of the embossed snowflakes and 3D Crystal Lacquer on the snowman's nose.

Here is a picture for a closer look:
 
I will go ahead and make a few more of this card. This might well be the card that I mass produce for this Christmas. Maybe I will change another image but definitely will use this sketch again. Love it, love it, love it!! 
 
Have a good day!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - missed that you're returned to blogging! Fab cards you've been posting - this one is great. The embossing is a great touch and the snowman sooo cute!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie

    Great use of the sketch.

    Love your embossed background and scrummy snowman in his bright funky scarf.

    It is lovely when we find a sketch we love and want to keep using isn't it!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card...love this adorable snowman and the wonderful embossing folder ( I used that same one on my card too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cute snowman on that embossed snowflake background.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! I LOVE this, Julie! What a darling snowman card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^