Tuesday 1 July 2014

My First Some Odd Girls Stamp

Hello there!

Hope this week is going well for you so far! ^_^

I have been inspired by the sketch at Sketch Saturday: Week #316.
So here is what I made.
I have been looking at and admiring all the stamp images from Some Odd Girls for a lonnnggg time. Those characters are just so cute! Finally, I can say I am now a proud stamp owner of Dancin Mae - my first Some Odd Girls clear stamp. Woo hoo! I have pretty much followed the sketch and I have to say I really really love this card!!
The Dancin Mae image was coloured by Copic markers, cut out and adhered to the card by using foam pads. I made the bunting myself and threaded this together with bakers twine. You might not be able to see it clearly on the photo but Glossy Accents were applied on the hearts to make them shine.
 
 I am also entering this card to Moving Along with The Times: Birthdays, Bunting and Buttons challenge to celebrate their 5th Birthday.
 
I don't know why this card just makes me smile. Is it the cheerful red and blue colour combination? Is it my 'not so bad' colouring skills? Is it the great sketch? Or is it simply the look on Mae's face that just makes you want to smile and boogie with her??!! ^_^ Whatever it is, I hope you all can smile through the rest of the week. See you soon again. 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Nice card and the image and the banner is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at MAWTT

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and I love the colours you used. I've been looking at these stamps for a while too, but might get a few now. Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie

    This is so beautiful!

    Love how you used the sketch. Your colours and pretty bunting look so lovely.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Julie
    This is really sweet and pretty! Love that border die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^