Thursday 7 August 2014

Summer Apron Shape Card

Hi everyone!

Don't you just love summer?! Although we had a few rainy days here and there, a majority of the time it has been beautiful sunny days!! I just love the fact that it is warm and I can simply go out without a coat or jacket.  Also, what could be more exciting and fun than inviting friends over to have a barbeque in the garden so I made this invitation card in an apron shape:
I tried to make it not too girly so that it can be for both male and female. For the apron shape, I simply took a plain white card and folded it at the top. Then, I used a CD to draw a curved line on both sides and cut these out.
To make the little pocket at the front, I simply adhered foam tape on 3 sides of a small card. This leaves an opening for the tag where you can add all the party details on it. 
Here is a closer look of the card. I used scrap papers, hand cut various pieces and assembled the skewer, burger and fork together by using a small amount of glue. Then, the words were stamped by using white ink. Blue eyelets were also used so that ribbons could be threaded through.  
Of course, with this card, I will join in Virginia's View Challege #6: Shape Card. This is a fun challenge. It is great to break away from the usual square or rectangular cards. There is something unique about shape cards!! Love them!!  ^_^   
Edited: How can I forget??!! As I used some scrap papers (snippets) on this card, I would also like to take this card to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 136. Thanks Di for reminding me! Playmates, here I come!! ^_^ 
 
Have a lovely evening. Weekend will be here soon! Yippee~
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Oh Julie

    You clever girl! What fun invitations! As you used scraps (snippets) I'd LOVE you to link this into the Snippets Playground on my blog - the Mr Linky was posted on Sunday - I just bet the girls would really want to see this great idea!

    Tee, hee - still a lot of red glitter here :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly done, Julie! I love your ingenuity on making your own apron! The details that you added on the apron are sweet and awesome! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done...this apron card is fabulous! Great idea and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to invite people to a BBQ!
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your apron card. TFS how you made it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images and patterns on your sweet summer apron card Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So well done! I love the patterns and the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^