Wednesday 6 May 2015

A Huge Birthday Wish

Happy Wednesday!

Nice to see you here again. Half way through the week!! Hooray! ^_^ Not long till the weekend!

I am here to share this "HUGE" birthday card with you. I think this is the biggest card I've ever made. The card measures 8" x 8". (I don't think I made any cards bigger than 6" x 6" before.)
I found this decoupage sheet from my local craft shop the other day. This beautiful image is illustrated by artist Leanne Ellis, from Swansea in South Wales. This one is called "If Only...". I love all artworks from Leanne Ellis. They are just so elegant and pretty and there is something about them. I think they give out feelings of calm, quietness and peace. Just love looking at them. All her illustrations have this vintage feel to them Therefore, I thought ribbons and laces would certainly go with it.  
All elements on the decoupage sheet are pre-cut. So it is ever so easy to build up the image. I didn't use the original background layer for this card (saved it for another project) but I found this pink background paper which I think goes well with the image. The strokes on the paper even made it look like that she has wings!! Hee hee! The heart shaped pattern paper also comes with this decoupage sheet. I wanted to show off this pattern paper, hence, my decision to create a large size card. I also used some of these pattern papers to decorate my envelope too!! 
 
The sketch from Friday Sketch Challenge #93 also provides the inspiration for making this birthday card. 
Love this big birthday card. Sometimes you might just need that extra space to show off all your beautiful images, embellishments and papers. Sometimes... size does matters!! LOL!   
      

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Julie, fabulous deco sheet, quite unusual but lovely
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^