Tuesday 26 May 2015

A New Technique- No Line Watercolouring

Hello Tuesday!

I'm playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge No. 106 today. It is about trying a new technique.

I love the look of images with no line colouring. I've seen them often on various blogs these days and I just know that I would have to give it a go someday. So that someday is today! I am trying this new no line colouring technique by using watercolour. Here is the finished coloured image:
This image is created by using Lawn Fawn's Critters from the Past and Beep Boop Birthday stamp sets. This took me a while to colour. I guess it is because I am not used to it. I wasn't quite sure where or how to start. I think the dinosaur turned out not too bad but I am not sure about the palm tree. No line colouring.... so maybe I shouldn't have such a defined lines on the palm tree leaves? Mmm... need some advices and comments about this. Anyhow, I enjoyed water colouring this image. Colouring is very therapeutic!!

I then made this card based on the sketch on Friday Sketch Challenge #95.

Here is the full picture of my card:
I am also taking this card to the Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 178 and 179. Small pieces of white cards, stripy pattern paper and yellow card are all from my box of scrap papers/ cards.
 
Trying out a new technique is fun. It is the only way to learn and a good way to know whether you like the new technique or not. I do like this no line colouring technique but I do believe certain images are more suitable than others. I will give this no line colouring another go when I spot a good image to colour in. ^_^
 
Enjoy the rest of your week and I will see you soon.
       

6 comments:

  1. Wow Julie, I've never tried this technique - fabulous result!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love your design
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! You did a super job on the no-line coloring! I also love the darling dino image with the circle die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this is wonderful. I love that image and your colouring is fabulous.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx
    thanks for joining us at FSC
    greetings Lisbeth
    DT-FSC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card you made! I like how you take our sketch. I like your sweet image. Thanks tor joining at Friday Sketch :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^