Tuesday 5 May 2015

For My Mum~ I love you!

Hello~

Did you all have a wonderful Monday? It's bank holiday here in the UK. We took the kids to Wicksteed Park, a small theme park. The weather was warm and beautiful. We had a great time!

OK, I am here today to share this card for my wonderful mum to celebrate mother's day on the 2nd Sunday of May, i.e. 10th of May. Yep! I had my mother's day card from my girls already but I also have another mother's day to celebrate in Taiwan. This card is already on its way. I hope the card is already across the pacific ocean and it does arrive in good time for my mum. Anyway, this post is photo heavy but hope you enjoy it! ^_^

This is the first time that I will be participating in Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge blog. When I saw the latest challenge #29 Butterflies + L is for Lace, I knew this would be a great combination. So here is my card:
And here is a closer look of the butterfly:
This is my new butterfly die from Xcut- my first Xcut die and my first very intricate die. It took me ages to cut this butterfly. You thought having a die would be easy and quick but WRONG!! As it is so intricate, I found it hard to cut evenly and it was definitely not easy to remove the paper die cut from the die itself. Any good tips out there on how to solve this problem?

Anyway, moving on. Now the clever part is (well, I think it is clever! Hee hee!), there is a secret message hidden under this butterfly.
This took me ages to work out the folds, the cut and the partial die cutting too. After several tests on scrap paper, I am so glad that it turned out great! ^_^
 
Now, I hear you asking... so where is the L for lace? Hmmmm..... here they are, circled below:
I know, I know, they are not the usual laces that you are expecting to see. I found this strip of flower lace in my drawer. I positioned it here and there and I just can't seem to find a good place for this pretty lace. Maybe it's because the pattern paper I chose already has a horizontal line going across the top half of the card. So I decided to cut and disconnect the lacy flowers. I also didn't like the white plain look of these flowers, thus, I tried to colour them in with my Copic Ciao markers and they worked. Ha! Interesting and prettier then ever!       
I love the look of these lacy flowers. I even continued it through the inside of my card.
Phew! I think that's the end of this post. I thank you if you have followed me all the way to this point. I do really love this card and I hope when my mum receives it she will love it too. Before I go, just tell you a little something. I received a compliment from my daughter Jasmine, she said "Mummy, I think this is the best card you ever made, ever!" Now, that just made my day!
 
Enjoy the rest of the week!       
      

3 comments:

  1. Hello Julie and welcome to my butterfly challenge. Brilliant idea to colour the lace in with your pens. I love the surprise hidden message behind the butterfly. Another gem of an idea.
    I have a lot of Xcut dies. You could try using a piece of wax paper between the die and your paper. Thankyou
    for fluttering by # 29. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Lovely lacy flowers and I love how you've included a secret message. I use wax paper too between the die and the paper to make the die cut easier to get out. Also a metal shim works brilliantly to cut intricate dies.
    Liz - Butterfly Challenge #29 - Guest Designer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card Julie, love your design
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^