Saturday 23 May 2015

It's A Good Day

Hello Peeps~

Found some time to play with my new Mama Elephant- Up and Away stamp set today. This set is just so cute! So I made this card for the May sketch challenge at the Make The Day Special Stamp Store blog. Here is the sketch I used:
I flipped the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and here is my card:
I pretty much stuck to the sketch. I used distress ink, blending tool and Post-it note to create my own cloud shapes. I used two different colour inks for the two puffy clouds which represent the two thin stripes on the sketch. (Hope that worked!! ^_^) I haven't done paper piecing for a long while. I thought it would be fun to have different coloured and patterned balloons. Although it took a while to paper piece them, I think it is worth it! 
Here is a close up picture of the main image. A bit of Stickles glitter glue always makes the image 'pop'!

That's it for now. It's Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK. That means a long weekend for us!! Hooray! Might just have more time to craft, I hope!! See you soon!
      


1 comment:

  1. This is such an adorable card Julie, I love how you inked the clouds and the patterned balloons are so worth the time taken :)
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^