Monday 1 June 2015

Designed by Me! - Babesyboo Part 1

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Here in the UK today will be the last day of the half term break. Tomorrow kids will be back to school again, hooray! ^_^

I have something a bit different today. A long time ago... I think it was back in 2006/ 2007, even before clear stamps were popular and even before I started this blog. I had the chance to design some rubber stamps for Elzybells Art Stamps. (Gosh! That was a long time ago!) I wonder how many people remembered Elzybells stamps?? Unfortunately this brilliant online stamp shop is closed. However, Elizabeth, the owner of Elzybells Art Stamps, is now designing a range of greeting cards, personalised prints and other whimsically creative things. If you like Elzabeth's designs, you can purchase her creations at Cloud 9 Design and for news and updates on her work please visit her blog. I don't know what made me think of this, I guess seeing these rubber stamps, which I designed, brought back memories. Some of these rubber stamps are still brand new. Not been inked up yet!! OMG! That is just shocking! So I decided to create a series of blog posts to record and share my stamp designs. Also it will give me the chance to play with these stamps again, or for many of them it will be the first time they have been used! This is just for my own benefit but I do hope you will join me and like these Babesyboo stamp designs and card creations too.

Without further ado, here are the three stamps that I had fun playing with today.
Here is the card that I made by using these stamps:
These trio stamps are sunflowers, roses and daisies in various shaped vases. I used the "watercolor smooshing" technique to created the background. I also used the frame stamp and die from the Sizzix Words & Tags Framelits Die with Stamps set to frame these stamp images. Here is a closer look of the images:
The frame was cut several times and layered together to create dimension. I applied Glossy Accents on all vases and Crystal Stickles on all flowers. I do hope this card shows off these stamps perfectly in their own little frames! 
 
This card is also inspired by this week's Sketch Saturday #363 which is to pick any sketch from #215-#362. As I liked last weeks sketch so much, but didn't have the time to join in, I am so happy that I got the chance to use the sketch again this week. Here is what sketch #362 looks like:
I am also taking this card to the below challenges:
 
I hope you like this new series and I am looking forward to the next blog post where I will share more of my Babesyboo stamp designs.
 
Thank you for staying with me till the end. See you soon!
       



4 comments:

  1. I love this 3 element sketch. Great Choice from the Pick your own Sketch Saturday entry. Your flowers are lovely and the background you created is perfect. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so sweet Julie - I love the fresh Spring colours.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stamps are seriously cute! Love your frames and the glitter finish. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever! And it must give you such a buzz to see your images in stamps! You have made a really pretty card for our challenge this week. It's a real pleasure to have you join in our sketch at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^