Sunday 27 December 2015

Baby, it's cold outside! Merry Christmas~

Hello my crafty friends!

I hope you all had a very happy Christmas! We had an amazing Christmas day and Boxing day. Seeing the exciting faces of the children opening their presents was just the best thing in the world! Now that the chaos and panic is over, I can finally sit down and calmly share some of the Christmas cards I made this year. Starting off with this cute alpaca Christmas card:
I mixed Perfect Pearls pigment powder in water and sprayed it all over the sky (created by using distress ink). This is the first time I used this technique and I love the effect when the water reacts to the distress ink and leaves it washed out with shimmery sparkle dots everywhere. It just creates a starry sky! Lawn Fawn's Forest border die was used to create the background. Snippets of white cards were used to create snow hills, Christmas tree (by Beth Hughes Designs) and the alpaca (Winter Alpaca stamps by Lawn Fawn). Here is a closer look of the card:
Although this is a fairly small 4" x 4" card, a lot of work has gone into it. Lots of layers, dimensions and textures!  

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
During these few quiet days, hopefully I will be able to blog more of my Christmas cards and, if I can, find time to craft would be even better!! ^_^

Thanks for visiting! See you soon~
          

4 comments:

  1. Great card with lots od dimension Julie - and I do like the wording :) Very clever!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That alpaca is my favorite! I love the little scene you made! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cute, love it!

    I’m back! what with being off colour and then computer problems it’s been a bit of a pain on all counts, but things have improved and I’m back to cheer you on with your lovely creations. All my BEST WISHES for the NEW YEAR too!!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable scene you've created! So bright and happy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^